Monday, June 2, 2008

Following up/Shit hits the fan

So that first post seemed pretty cool, right?
I know you really want to see pictures of people dancing by the campfire at Tony's birthday party or me in my favorite plaid shirt, but too bad. You probably also want to see pictures of Hitch, John, Dave, Brooke and I drinking wine on the roof of Tulula's... or the wicked free pizza party I earned at Brixx. Sorry, dude.
On the morning of the 21st, I drove to Atlanta. I caught a wicked Braves game where Chipper Jones hit a home run and the Braves crushed the Mets. I met up with a friend for a drink before driving through the night. I slept for one hour in the middle of Alabama, before meeting my friend Ben and his girlfriend at the Waffle House in Pascagoula, Mississippi. I drove through New Orleans, and pulled into the parking lot of the Houston's Cynthia Woods Pavillion just after 7pm. I bought a ticket off some dude for the night's Iron Maiden concert. The show was pretty rad, and Bruce had on some pretty bizarre costumes.
I stayed with Mike, Miranda and their baby boy Liam, and we went to Friday night's Astros game. Saturday, I met Kelley and Dan at the game, and later we went out for drinks. I ran into a couple old friends at some bars in Houston, before passing out around 2:30am. Sunday, my dad came to town for the game, and we met up with Josh and his father. We had the best seats I've ever had. Here's the kicker: after the game, my car was broken into and my bike, digital camera, cell phone, passport, social security card, eye glasses, sun glasses, everything... was stolen. All of the supporting pictures are gone; as are some fun memories with a lot of people I rarely get to see. So anyways, I spent the next week replacing a lot of stuff-- naturally, getting my passport replaced was paramount for my visa application process. It's in the mail. I got a new camera on Thursday night; here are some photos:

After buying the camera, John and I went to Kevin's softball game.








We stopped by to see Ghazal on her going-away bike cruise. She's headed to MedSchool in Ft. Worth. It was cool to see a lot of old friends. Then we went to a back porch chiller with a lot of young kids.




The next morning, Mark took me to campus so that I could fax some stuff to France. I have officially registered for school and accepted the Erasmus Mundus grant. Justin met me, and we celebrated at Veggie Heaven. That's probably my favorite restaurant in Austin.







Later that day, Graham and Justin painted a mural. It is really hot in Texas.






Later that night, we pre-gamed at Graham's. Mark & Jeremy even hung out. COOL. Then we walked to a party. We brought our own seating. Even at night, it is really hot in Texas.





Then Graham, Vi, Allyson and I went to a bar. I got to see Edward-- he's an old friend of mine who means a lot to me. He is one of the main people I miss in Austin.







We went back to Graham's and drank a buddle of Moet. Graham's girlfriend Vi loves to party. I gave Justin the couch and passed out on the floor.









The next day, I chilled out at my parents' house before heading to SaltLick with Kevin, Jacline and Todd. It is considered one of the best BBQ spots in Texas and is out in the country, only a couple miles from my parents' place. Oh yeah-- before going to eat, we stopped at Waterloo for a couple beers and to watch some of the Astros game.



Afterwards, we drank a bottle of wine on my parents back porch. Look! My dog!








Then I met Graham and we went to the Castle Walls. This is a really rad place to drink beers. We hung out there, before going to a Skidmarxxx party at Joel's place. It was pretty fun, but we decided to leave early for some karaoke. Curt was in town from Chicago, but Ben was the real showstopper.




I normally never sing karaoke, but we did some group sing-a-longs. I was pretty wiped out, and crashed after Chicken Streeps from Whataburger. Too bad, because Graham, Vi and Allyson went to the hot tub until the sun came up. Dang.

No comments: