Saturday, September 27, 2008

the idle rich

Well, the whole idea of keeping this updated with photos throughout the summer kind of fell apart. Simply, uploading photos from libraries or from friends' laptops just isn't practical. I'm in England now-- Sheffield to be exact. There is so much going on here that I want to post, but I'm going to do my best to upload the photos from my summer. If you'd like to see more from when I was in your city, email me and I'll mail you additional photos.
After uploading photos in LA, Julia picked Ryan and I up and we went to In-N-Out. Naturally, Ryan and I ate Animal Style. Ryan and Julia both had to work and I snuck off to wander Los Angeles. In the afternoon, Alex and I met up and went to the Dodgers game. He had never been to a MLB game before, so I was stoked to take him. I showed him typical ballpark fare, and we lucked out: it was bobble head night. I planned on leaving the next day, but Dylan convinced me to stay an extra day. He had been working most of the time I was in town-- plus, he offered to pay half my bus ticket. How could I resist? Naturally, he showed me a wicked time. In the morning, we kicked it in his garden before dropping Alex off at work, giving us a car for the day. Dylan's car broke down, so we had to take care of that before eating a wicked lunch. Damn, I wish I could remember the name of this place. He showed me some landmarks: Amoeba Records, The Standard Hotel and Chateau Marmont. We planned to do some rooftop swimming, but the pool was closed. Ryan's friend, Ben, was having a party, so we headed over there. It's kind of tradition for Dylan and I to play scratch-off tickets-- I won, he lost. Later, Alex, Dylan, Adam and I went to the Cha Cha lounge to meet up with Julia and Tim-- Tim just got into school in London. I stayed in Hollywood, but woke Alex and Dylan up early so that we could go to brunch at Ye Rustic Inn. We had bloody marys before they dropped me off at the bus station. I took the MegaBus to San Francisco.

No comments: