Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I'm so bored with the USA...

So, on the night of 12 September, I flew to England. I had a direct flight from Chicago to London-- leaving around 9pm and arriving about 10am on Saturday morning. I took an Ambien and crashed on the flight; waking up relatively ready-to-go. A lot of people ask me what you take with you when you move to a new country-- this is what I brought with me. You really question your priorities when stuffing your life into two bags. I had never been to England, so I wasn't exactly sure what they did/did not have. Anyways, I landed at Heathrow and took the Underground to King's Cross to meet up with Adam, aka the Heat. We wandered around Islington-- through some markets, stopped for a drink in Angel and had lunch at a place called the Narrow Boat. We watched a football match at a pub and then met up with Adam's girlfriend and friend for drinks and tapas. I couldn't sleep and walked around St. Pancras in the early morning. The next day was the Mayor's Thames Festival, so the Heat, Nikki and I headed down there. It was a pretty wicked street fest with a lot of food. I don't really like Shakespeare, but for some reason I was really stoked on the Globe. We also were near the Tate Modern, which had a huge Os Gemeos piece on the side of it. Oh, yeah-- I saw Big Ben. Nikki made me my first English tea and then Adam and I took off for drinks in Camden. The next morning, I grabbed a taxi to St. Pancras and caught the MegaTrain to Sheffield. Welcome.

1 comment:

owls + oranges said...

the two bens. amazing.