Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Washington, DC

By this point, I was basically just looking for somewhere to crash. Jimmy said to come meet him down in DC-- he's got a nice place, and I knew I'd have a good time. I got off the Chinatown bus and took the train out to his place in Arlington. We got lost on the way to Five Guys and ended up grabbing some great chili dogs at the Hard Times Cafe. We stopped at the bar for a couple beers and headed back to Jimmy's place to relax-- we had a big day ahead of us. We started off with a flapjack breakfast and washed that down with a brat and Vernor's Ginger Ale. Jeff came by and met us for an early dinner at TGIFridays-- we shared a couple starters and I had the fillet mignon, naturally. We picked up a couple more refreshments and went out for a night on the town-- and a few chicken wings. The next day, we stopped by Jeff's work and watched a Queen DVD, before having a BBQ back at the residence: brat appetizers and a rack of ribs. That night, Jimmy and I hosted an invite only cocktail mixer; James dressed up.


DC: Fun? yes. Relaxing? no.

The next day, Jimmy took me for lunch at a Chinese buffet before I got on a plane back to North Carolina.

No comments: